Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lemon-Yogurt Cupcakes with Raspberry Jam

 What is it about lemon that makes everything taste so delightful and refreshing??  This week's cupcake was just that, super delish!  The recipe was a bit time consuming, with all of the zesting, and squeezing, not to mention the whipping of the egg whites, and then folding it all together, but the outcome was perfection.  Tee and I both agreed, that a homemade jam would only enhance this cupcake, and I thought it would be fun to use strawberry freezer jam, so I may just whip that out, when the strawberries become plentiful!



We had no extra helpers this week, just our two regulars, who spent the whole time 'washing' the lemons!  Sorry no pics of that fiasco, but it kept them busy!
Tee found these 'oh so cute' cupcake boxes at Michaels, and we just had to deliver four to our favorite cupcake commentor, Kristi, we hope she and her family enjoyed this little treat!
 
Next week, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Tres Leches Cupcakes, which I am sure will be a crowd pleaser!

Until then,

t & k

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the cute box. I still have it. I suppose I can give it back. I wanted to show it to my sister-in law when she comes in town, but if you need it, you are welcome to have it back :).
    As for the cupcake, I'll say it was labor intensive. Did you have to cut each cupcake into layers, then spread the jam between each layer? Well, it was worth it. It was, just as you said, fresh, light, and delightful. I sure enjoyed them. Yes, that is right, them. I ate more than my fair share of the lot. "Sorry kids, mommy has a hankering for 3 of the 4 cupcakes. You can all split the 4th." Thanks for sharing the cupcake goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second of all, if I buy you a load of those cute boxes, will you bring me some cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete