Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tres Leches Cupcakes


Arriba, Arriba!  Our Cinco de Mayo cupcake was a big hit with the kiddo's!  Tee and I are not big fans of soggy cupcakes, so taking that into consideration, we give them one and a half thumbs up.  They were however, a big hit with everyone else.  So I guess we are the only ones who loved Captain Crunch growing up!!

Having never made a Tres Leches cake before, I didn't realize the process was so labor intensive.  Good thing I got the new Kitchenaid (thanks Ryan) to help make it easier.  After seperating the six eggs, and beating the egg whites, you gently fold in the rest of the ingredients, and bake them.

Immediately after they come out of the oven, you begin brushing all 20 cupcakes with the three milk concoction of cream, evaporated, and sweetened condensed, hence the 'tres leches', until all of the liquid is gone, or about 15 minutes of brushing!


You finish the cupcake off with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a little ground cinnamon, and call it a day!

Next up, Strawberry Cupcakes, with a strawberry meringue buttercream frosting!

Until then,

t & k

2 comments:

  1. I like something I can sink my teeth into, not sog my teeth into, although, those three kinds of milk sound great to me. I would want my milks on the side to dip the dry cupcake in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first T&K Cupcake and I LOVED it. It was soggy, but I enjoyed the sog very much, thank you. And my little Mexican daughter, Dianita Martha Gomez-Revilla Mancilla LOVED it. And that's saying something! She was so happy to have a little taste of home. I give it at least 4 stars, of course, I've never tasted anything else you've made.

    ReplyDelete