Friday, March 5, 2010

Martha's Meyer Lemon Cupcakes

After much discussion with our new "helper" Joey we decided on Meyer Lemon Cupcakes. The ironic part is that Joey couldn't help us this week! She did get to be one of our tasters.
Wow, did this recipe use a lot of eggs! 17 to be exact. Add to that the 12 Meyer lemons. Thank goodness for Harry and David. I made three trips there! I wonder what they thought of me.
We started out making the curd. It was easier than Kari thought. She is not a fan of the curd. I could have eaten it right from the bowl. Anden was our "Super Helper" counting all 8 egg yolks. It totally made the cupcake. Piped in the middle. Wow what a treat!
Kari needs to go to CA (Cupcakes Annoymonus) because she was totally in love with them. Can you say six in one day. Okay there were a few weird ones. Too many cakes in the oven at one time. The recipe made 42! The cupcake was dense more like a pound cake, even Norm liked them.

All in all it was a very refreshing spring treat! And since the recipe makes almost four dozen, it is the perfect recipe for a spring brunch!
Next up is Jumbo Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes, aka gourmet ding dong!!
Until then,
t & k

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you will wrap them in foil when you send me some:) (not that I am begging)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids didn't love them, but they don't have sophisticated taste. I on the other hand enjoyed them very much. There is something about lemon. It seems so light and refreshing, and that is what these were. Light, yet sweet in taste, within a dense cake.
    I enjoyed it, curd and all.
    Thanks ladies. Keep up the delicious work.

    ReplyDelete