Friday, March 12, 2010

Jumbo Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

This weeks creation was somewhat reminiscent of a giant ding dong!  This recipe only makes 12 jumbo cupcakes, so we had to choose our testers very carefully this week, and I made my kids share!  Although Tee did not taste them, I did!  I thought they were just delightful, and very easy to make, you can easily whip this one out in a little over an hour, from start to finish!

We thought the batter would be more dense, but it was surprisingly airy, I think the addition of sourcream helped in that realm!  Tee may not have tried the cupcake, but she did enjoy the batter!  The cream is just good old fashioned marshmallow fluff, whipped with a cup of butter, heavenly!!! 

Next week, is a St. Patricks day treat.  Brown butter pound cake cupcakes, with an Irish Cream frosting!!  Can you say Yum!!

Until then,

t & k

3 comments:

  1. I really need to buy my own cupcake cookbook. My mouth always waters when I see the latest creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Did you put the little chocolate plugs back into the bottoms of the cupcakes after you filled them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we did! The picture of the inside turned out blurry, so I didn't post it!

    ReplyDelete