Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Salted-Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes

Holy Hannah were these cupcakes good!  I think we picked the perfect one to start with!!  They were a bit labor intensive.   We started off making the caramel, then the cupcakes, and finally the frosting!  Let me just tell you, the frosting has 2 1/2 cups of butter in it.  These are not for the calorie counting kind!  Although time consuming, the recipe was easy to follow, and we had no major mishaps, unless you count the two tiny helpers as mishaps!! 

It was a great morning, no complaining, and it definitely got our creative juices flowing.  Our first two non cupcake crafts are 1. aprons for our little helpers, and 2. St. Patty's shirts.  Next up for the cupcakes are Snickerdoodles, with seven minute frosting.  Tee is going to practice with the frosting this week, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to drop us a comment. 

 Little Helpers


Thanks for stopping by, and as always, if a cupcake lands on your doorstep, please leave us a review!

Until next week,

t & k

3 comments:

  1. Looks delish! Have a great time making more mouth watering goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha! I knew it was you. There was no note who the cupcakes were from but the moment I sank my teeth into one I knew it was from you. My mouth bounced around in wonder at all the interesting flavors and combinations. I love to combine salty and sweet so this was simply divine in my book. Thanks for letting me sample one of your cupcake creations. I didn't realize the caramel was from scratch as well. I am extra impressed now, and now that I know there is 2 1/2 cups of butter in just the frosting, I can see a little cup cake form on my hips. I can't wait to see the upcoming snicker doodle cupcake. Consider cupcake #1 a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the mouth watering inspiration that will follow these wonderful looking mini-cakes. And such a fun idea and great time with a friend!

    ReplyDelete